Various different methods have proven themselves when producing labels and plates. Technical advancement also brings with it the introduction of new printing methods and the replacement of existing ones. Not every new development is a success and not every established method needs replacing. Nonetheless, the PrintoLUX® digital heat-curing printing method has become an alternative for many renowned companies since its introduction in 2008, with the discovery of many clear advantages of the system when compared to standard methods.
Discussions with customers have repeatedly confirmed the time saved when printing metals using our method when compared to screen printing. This is achieved at an optimal print quality and with the highest levels of durability. We are always glad to hear this from our customers. With this in mind, we can now offer the corresponding figures to back up our arguments.
|Comparison of Processing Times:||Screen Printing||PrintoLUX® Process|
|Aluminium, complete surface, 1-colour, 300 x 10 mm|
|Screen production (5) (print mould production)||90 minutes (4)||0 minutes|
|Set up the colour (RAL, Pantone)||30 to 90 minutes (2)||5 - 30 minutes (1)|
|Set-up times||ca. 15 minutes||0 minutes|
|PLX pre-treatment||0 minutes||0,3 minutes|
|Printing time||approx. 0,5 minutes||0,3 - 0,5 minutes|
|Clean the screens||15 minutes||0 minutes|
|Hardening, tempering||15 - 30 minutes||7 - 10 minutes|
|Waste disposal (residual ink, chemicals etc.)||Yes||Yes|
|Total||145 - 240 minutes||12,6 - 40,8 minutes|
- Adjustment of colour profile for special colours (Pantone). No time required in standard colour printing. The colour profile can be called up repeatedly after it has been initially set up. When required, colour profiles can also be adjusted according to different base materials (silver metallic, white etc.).
- When using the PrintoLUX®-FB-140-Plus system.
- On a plate measuring 300 x 10 mm, approximately 100 g of ink and hardener is used (0.8 kg ink = approx. €30 (net); 0.1 l hardener = approx. €7.50 (net) as of 2011). The time required can vary greatly depending on the colour. Colour mixing requires a great deal of experience and must be started from scratch each time.
- Only applies when a new screen is used. Used screens have significantly higher preparation requirements (ghost images).
- Creation of film, degreasing of screen fabric, application of copy layer, lighting, washing out the wet copy layer, drying the screen form, retouching.
And there's more
- Aside from the significant time savings achieved using PrintoLUX®, our system also has many other advantages when compared to screen printing: Material costs are significantly higher for screen printing.
- Solvents are used during screen printing, which are harmful to health and the environment. Additional costs are caused by disposal of the solvents (special waste). In contrast, PrintoLUX® works with water-based, environmentally friendly inks.
- The space required for operation and storage during screen printing is also significantly higher than with the PrintoLUX® method.